Spiritual Abuse: Religion at Its Worst (Hope for the Heart)
Spiritual Abuse: Religion at Its Worst (Hope for the Heart)SKU: 9781628621266
Find out biblical truths and practical advice on how to:
Recognize warning signs of spiritual abuse (Includes helpful checklists)
Distinguish between law and grace (What does God really expect of me?)
Begin to heal from spiritual abuse
Respond to common arguments that fuel spiritual abuse, including:
- Shouldn't you honor those in authority?
- Is there no law for Christians to live by?
- What's the difference between legalism and biblical obedience?
This mini-book will shed light on the characteristics of spiritual abuse, words used in abusive conversations, methods of manipulation, and examples of what victims may experience when dealing with an abusive leader or group. Find out why it can be easy to get trapped into legalism and how protect yourself from being vulnerable to this type of manipulation again.
Packed with scripture, practical advice, and helpful insight, the last section titled "Steps to Solution" gives you practical advice on how to put an end to spiritual and emotional abuse with:
- 3 "tests" to determine a man-made sin from a real sin
- 4 ways to respond in a spiritually abusive situation (includes how to set boundaries)
- 8 keys to move from a mindset of legalism to grace
- Honesty test for those who may be abusive
- And much more!
Perfect for small group & Bible studies, Sunday school, young adult and youth ministry, chaplaincy, Christian counseling, addiction & recovery programs, church giveaways, and much more!
- Respond to common arguments that fuel spiritual abuse, including:
- Begin to heal from spiritual abuse
- Distinguish between law and grace (What does God really expect of me?)
All items are shipped directly from our store located in Diamond Bar, CA.
Please allow 1-2 days for items to be packed and shipped.
Once you're order is shipped you will receive a tracking number.
We are not responsible for packages that are lost, damaged or stolen.